Dry Ice Blasting for Power Distribution and Generation Equipment Reduces downtime and unplanned outages.
Dry ice blasting ensures regular maintenance of critical path power equipment in the power industry. The process is non-conductive, non-abrasive and allows for effective in-place cleaning without cool down, de-energizing or disassembly. We use our proprietary equipment, proof tested to 72 kV, to complete even the most delicate equipment.
Our process has applications across industries.
• Substations – Regularly maintain equipment to ensure highly efficient operation. Dry ice cleaning
quickly cleans substation equipment, which reduces operational downtime and the risk of system
• Done hot • Faster cleaning process • Dry cleaning process with no drying time • Non-abrasive with no damage to delicate precision components • No secondary waste stream • Corrosion removal • Improve operational efficiency • Reduce risk of unplanned production stoppages and costly repairs • Environmentally responsible
• Arc-Flash Recovery – Dry ice blasting is simply the best way possible to remove carbon deposits caused by heat damage. Clean as fast, efficient, and as environmentally responsible as possible, while at the same time salvaging as much equipment as possible, thereby reducing costs.
• Accessible in Confined space • Faster cleaning process • Dry cleaning process with no drying time • Non-abrasive with no damage to delicate precision components • No secondary waste stream • Environmentally responsible
• Power Generation – Clean generators more effectively, resulting in more efficient operation.
maintain clean power equipment, which reduces risk of downtime and system failure.
• No secondary waste stream • Limited containment setup • Clean in-place with minimal to no disassembly • Better cleaning results • Access and clean tight spaces • Improve operational efficiency • Non-abrasive, with no damage to delicate precision components • Environmentally responsible
• Restoration and Remediation – Dry ice blasting is proven to be a more efficient and time saving
solution in remediation and restoration projects. The process is non-abrasive, eliminates manual
cleaning methods and does not produce secondary waste, which reduces the amount of time
spent on encapsulation, waste collection and disposal.
• Food & Beverage – Food processing and packaging equipment accumulates grease, carbonized
residue, seasonings, proteins, harmful bacteria, biofilms, adhesives, labels and many other
contaminants that traditionally take significant time to clean.
Dry ice cleaning provides a food quality, in-situ cleaning solution that is non-destructive,
sustainable, does not use water or chemicals and does not produce secondary waste.
For more information, contact SPI Inspections Inc. at:
(780) 804-7744, or email@example.com